Anna Hazareís advice to Arvind Kejriwal: Run government well
- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Amritsar set for PM vs Modi contest
Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare on Monday congratulated his former protege Arvind Kejriwal after his AAP announced it would form government in Delhi and that Kejriwal would be the chief minister.
"He has formed the government but now he should also run the government well. He should make sure that the performance of the Delhi government is much better than all other state governments," the social activist told reporters in his Ralegan Siddhi village.
On Kejriwal's promise that his government will pass the "Lokpal Bill" within a week of government formation, Anna said the Bill had already been passed.
"The Bill has been passed by the Central government recently. I don't understand what he (Kejriwal) means when he says he will pass the Lokpal Bill in Delhi. Let him act first, then only I will comment," Anna said, adding, "I have wished him all the best already. I won't comment any further on the issue."
Hazare and Kejriwal are in a confrontation over the Lokpal and Lokayukta Bill, 2011, cleared by the Parliament this month. While Hazare has supported the Bill, Kejriwal termed it toothless.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota