Anna Hazare's fast enters ninth day
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
With Lok Sabha scheduled to take up the Lokpal bill on Wednesday, there are expectations that Anna Hazare, whose fast entered the ninth day, will call it off after it is passed in the Lower House.
The bill was passed in the Rajya Sabha yesterday. Hazare has thanked Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for his "commitment" towars passage of the Lokpal Bill in Parliament.
"The country awaits a strong Lokpal," Hazare had said in a letter to Rahul. Hazare's aide Suresh Pathare, said that the Gandhian's condition has deteriorated. "Anna has lost a lot of weight since the fast began on December 10," he said.
While Hazare praised the amended draft Lokpal bill passed in the Rajya Sabha, his one time protege Arvind Kejriwal has dismissed it as a "jokepal". Hazare said, "I accept it completely. The Bill will help the poor people of this country."
However, Kejriwal has expressed his opposition to the Bill and Hazare's acceptance. "I'm really surprised. How can Anna accept sarkari Lokpal Bill? Sarkari Lokpal is a 'jokepal'. Who is misguiding him?" he said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express