Anna seeks death penalty for culprits
- Gujjars intensify agitation for job quota, block Delhi-Mumbai rail track
- Video: Mumbai graduate denied job for being Muslim, Minorities Commission seeks explanation from company
- Geelani's 'incomplete' passport application cannot be processed: MEA
- Manish Sisodia launches counter-attack, says AAP govt trying to stop officers' transfer-posting industry
- 'You are the apple of my eye': Osama bin Laden's son's letter to wife
Extending his support to the protests by youths demanding justice for the Delhi gangrape victim, anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare on Sunday sought death penalty for the rape accused.
"The protests by the youngsters in Delhi against the brutal rape are very important. There is a widespread anger among people in the country. Youngsters who have gathered on the streets to demonstrate are passionate patriots," said Hazare in a statement.
Hazare said he will also fight along with youths to make sure that the 23-year-old gangrape victim gets justice.
"If culprits are hanged, then nobody will dare to commit such crimes in future. We will keep fighting for justice," said Hazare demanding fast-track trials for such crimes.
Hazare, however, cautioned protesters not to indulge in damaging public property and appealed to them to keep their protests peaceful.
"Youths should be careful that while protesting public property isn't damaged. Also, protesters should be careful that our fellow countrymen do not face difficulty's because of the protests," said Anna.