Anna seeks death penalty for culprits
Extending his support to the protests by youths demanding justice for the Delhi gangrape victim, anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare on Sunday sought death penalty for the rape accused.
"The protests by the youngsters in Delhi against the brutal rape are very important. There is a widespread anger among people in the country. Youngsters who have gathered on the streets to demonstrate are passionate patriots," said Hazare in a statement.
Hazare said he will also fight along with youths to make sure that the 23-year-old gangrape victim gets justice.
"If culprits are hanged, then nobody will dare to commit such crimes in future. We will keep fighting for justice," said Hazare demanding fast-track trials for such crimes.
Hazare, however, cautioned protesters not to indulge in damaging public property and appealed to them to keep their protests peaceful.
"Youths should be careful that while protesting public property isn't damaged. Also, protesters should be careful that our fellow countrymen do not face difficulty's because of the protests," said Anna.
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry
- Pune AAP volunteers all set to hit campaign trail in Varanasi
- ‘Interstate’ gang of chain snatchers held; gold worth Rs 80 lakh seized
- CBI, Army vigilance wing carry out daylong search at NDA
- Balancing Act
- Ahir kin rivalry dominates poll landscape