Anna to move SC against possible police crackdown
- GMR pilots skip medical tests before flying Rahul Gandhi, to be grounded
- Supreme Court recognises third gender, glimmer of hope for gays
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Train derails in Assam, at least 50 passengers injured
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
Anticipating some sort of police action against his fast intended on August 16, social activist Anna Hazare said he would move the Supreme Court to prevent any situation similar to the police crackdown on Baba Ramdev and his supporters at Ramlila Maidan.
"The government said, 'we will suppress the agitation of Anna Hazare as had been done in the case of Ramdev'. Is this democracy or autocracy? You cannot suppress.... That is why we will go to the Supreme Court tomorrow," Hazare told reporters here.
"The Constitution has given right to every citizen to lodge a protest. We will launch the agitation from August 16," he added.