'Anna University not affiliated to M K Alagiri educational trust'
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
Anna University today told the Madras, High Court that Daya College of Engeering, run by Union Minister M K Alagiri's Educational Trust, could not claim affiliation.
Seeking to stay a single Judge's order directing the University to provide temporary affiliation, the University Registrar S Shanmugavel told the Madras High Court that the college had changed the faculties by inducting new director and Principal and the status of other faculties and non-teaching staff, academic fitness and working condition of the laboratores were not known.
The College had not produced the structural stability certificate from the PWD and failed to ensure safety and security to the life of the students, staff and management.
Besides the University got to know about the letter written by the Commissioner of Town and Country planning, in which it had been said that there were violations in the construction of the buildings,only at a later stage.
The nature of violations and their impact on the academic well being of the campus had tobe analysed. The defects should be rectified, mandatorily before affiliation was granted, he said. The single judge, who allowed the petition of the college seeking temporary affiliation did not take into consideration the contentions of the University, he said.
The college counsel Wilson said the All India council for technical education had permitted to admit 300 students to the college. He denied that the building structure certification had not been given.
Justice K N Basha and P Devadoss posted the case for hearing to December 12.
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity
- The government needs to distinguish between crooked NGOs and genuine ones
- India’s quest for Olympic medals is hampered by history and geography
- The Modi government is meeting its development targets before time
- Raja Mandala: The Great Wall of China
- Farm incomes may not revive despite good monsoon