Anna writes to Kejriwal. Wishes him best luck
- China investigating new images of possible debris of missing Malaysian jet
- Actor Paresh Rawal replaces Advani loyalist from Ahmedabad East LS seat
- Seven burnt alive as tanker overturns, explodes on Mumbai-Ahmedabad highway
- Coal blocks allocation scam: CBI questions key PM advisor TKA Nair
- Pained at BJPâs decision to deny ticket to Jaswant: Sushma Swaraj
Though Anna Hazare who was invited by Delhi Chief Minister-designate Arvind Kejriwal for his swearing in ceremony won't be present in Delhi for the historic event, he has conveyed his greetings to his former prodigy through a letter.
On Saturday morning, Anna wrote a letter to Kejriwal congratulating him and his cabinet who will swear in on Saturday.
"I am unwell and hence could not travel to Delhi to remain present for the ceremony. I wish you and other Aam Aadmi Party members who will take oath as ministers best luck for the future," Hazare has written.
On Friday Hazare had received a formal invite for the swearing in ceremony from the secretary of the General Administration Department of the Delhi Government on Friday inviting him to attend the historic ceremony to be held at the Ramlila grounds.
Also on Friday Kejriwal personally called Anna over phone and tried to persuade him to attend the function.
The activist however made it clear that he won't be able to travel to Delhi as he was not keeping well after his 9 day fast earlier this month.
- No threat to Harish Rawat govt in Uttarakhand: Congress
- Letter of the Week: Summer of discontent
- Youth’s murder may hamper JMM candidate’s prospects
- Valley, local students clash at Rajasthan varsity
- Cong ship rocks as heavyweights jump to Oppn camp
- Don’t know accused: SC judge rejects hint of bias in murder case