Anna writes to Kejriwal. Wishes him best luck
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Though Anna Hazare who was invited by Delhi Chief Minister-designate Arvind Kejriwal for his swearing in ceremony won't be present in Delhi for the historic event, he has conveyed his greetings to his former prodigy through a letter.
On Saturday morning, Anna wrote a letter to Kejriwal congratulating him and his cabinet who will swear in on Saturday.
"I am unwell and hence could not travel to Delhi to remain present for the ceremony. I wish you and other Aam Aadmi Party members who will take oath as ministers best luck for the future," Hazare has written.
On Friday Hazare had received a formal invite for the swearing in ceremony from the secretary of the General Administration Department of the Delhi Government on Friday inviting him to attend the historic ceremony to be held at the Ramlila grounds.
Also on Friday Kejriwal personally called Anna over phone and tried to persuade him to attend the function.
The activist however made it clear that he won't be able to travel to Delhi as he was not keeping well after his 9 day fast earlier this month.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express