Anne Hathaway apologises to Valentino
- Days before Yasin Bhatkal was arrested, it was Monu who âdeliveredâ Rs 1 lakh cash to his wife
- Modi targets Kejriwal: âAK 49, an agent of Pakâ
- Rahul reminds BJP of 2004, says its campaign bubble will burst
- When camp is flooded, votes last thing on riot victimsâ mind
- SC says no to CBI probe, orders arrest of all Muzaffarnagar accused
Oscar winner Anne Hathaway has apologised to Valentino for not wearing the dress he designed for her and changing it for a Prada design at the last minute.
The 30-year-old actress, who won Best Supporting Actress at the ceremony for the role of Fantine in 'Les Miserables', surprised onlookers when she arrived in a pale pink Prada gown just hours after Valentino released a statement saying they had dressed her for the high profile event, reported People magazine.
"It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans," Hathaway said in a statement.
"Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honour of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself. I deeply regret any disappointment caused," she added.
Italian designer Valentino, 80, is a long-time friend of the actress and designed the custom pink and white wedding dress she wore for her Italian nuptials to Adam Shulman in September.
- Green chilli, chappals and stethoscope among 85 free symbols for Independent candidates
- Politicking peaks to new high in Maval: 3 Jagtaps, 2 Barnes jump into fray
- After Chavan’s pep talk, sulking Nimhan joins Cong-NCP poll campaign
- Keep country free of communalism, BJP and Modi: Pawar to voters
- I-League: Mehta goal keeps East Bengal at bay
- The Covered Girl