Anne Hathaway apologises to Valentino
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Oscar winner Anne Hathaway has apologised to Valentino for not wearing the dress he designed for her and changing it for a Prada design at the last minute.
The 30-year-old actress, who won Best Supporting Actress at the ceremony for the role of Fantine in 'Les Miserables', surprised onlookers when she arrived in a pale pink Prada gown just hours after Valentino released a statement saying they had dressed her for the high profile event, reported People magazine.
"It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans," Hathaway said in a statement.
"Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honour of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself. I deeply regret any disappointment caused," she added.
Italian designer Valentino, 80, is a long-time friend of the actress and designed the custom pink and white wedding dress she wore for her Italian nuptials to Adam Shulman in September.