Anne Hathaway apologises to Valentino
- Cabinet rejects Rahul Gandhi's ordinance agenda, clears Jat reservation
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
Oscar winner Anne Hathaway has apologised to Valentino for not wearing the dress he designed for her and changing it for a Prada design at the last minute.
The 30-year-old actress, who won Best Supporting Actress at the ceremony for the role of Fantine in 'Les Miserables', surprised onlookers when she arrived in a pale pink Prada gown just hours after Valentino released a statement saying they had dressed her for the high profile event, reported People magazine.
"It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans," Hathaway said in a statement.
"Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honour of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself. I deeply regret any disappointment caused," she added.
Italian designer Valentino, 80, is a long-time friend of the actress and designed the custom pink and white wedding dress she wore for her Italian nuptials to Adam Shulman in September.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today