Another 14 get bail in Azad Maidan riot case
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
A city court granted bail on Tuesday to another 14 accused of the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan.
Lawyer Sharif Shaikh said, "They have been granted bail (by judge R V Jatale) on the ground of parity after other accused (in the case) were released recently. They have been asked to furnish a surety of Rs 30,000 each."
The court had given bail to 14 people allegedly involved in the riot on the same ground on November 2.
Those granted bail on Tuesday are Mujibur Rehman, Arbaz Sheikh, Bilal Sheikh, Haqik Atik Shah, Alam Khan, Pervez Ansari, Mohammed Mehtab Hussain, Tabrez Jamal, Mohammed Hussain Karimuddin, Imran Dastagir Sheikh, Afzal Sheikh, Ansar Ali Qureshi, Akbar Ismail Sheikh and Javed Alam Taufiq.
Now, 32 of the 63 people arrested for the riot have got relief. Five others have been discharged for lack of evidence.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress