Another 14 get bail in Azad Maidan riot case
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
A city court granted bail on Tuesday to another 14 accused of the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan.
Lawyer Sharif Shaikh said, "They have been granted bail (by judge R V Jatale) on the ground of parity after other accused (in the case) were released recently. They have been asked to furnish a surety of Rs 30,000 each."
The court had given bail to 14 people allegedly involved in the riot on the same ground on November 2.
Those granted bail on Tuesday are Mujibur Rehman, Arbaz Sheikh, Bilal Sheikh, Haqik Atik Shah, Alam Khan, Pervez Ansari, Mohammed Mehtab Hussain, Tabrez Jamal, Mohammed Hussain Karimuddin, Imran Dastagir Sheikh, Afzal Sheikh, Ansar Ali Qureshi, Akbar Ismail Sheikh and Javed Alam Taufiq.
Now, 32 of the 63 people arrested for the riot have got relief. Five others have been discharged for lack of evidence.
Crime Branch is expected to file a chargesheet in the case within a week as the 90-day deadline nears its end.