Another 14 get bail in Azad Maidan riot case
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination case: SC to hear Centre's plea on restraining TN govt from releasing convicts
- With Anna men in âwar roomâ, AAP-like ideas on table, Mamata dreams national
- Leopard on the loose in Meerut, officials order closure of schools and colleges
- Konan Poshpora: Probe official speaks up, says was threatened
- BJP would stop at nothing to grab power and divide state on communal lines, says Rahul
A city court granted bail on Tuesday to another 14 accused of the August 11 violence at Azad Maidan.
Lawyer Sharif Shaikh said, "They have been granted bail (by judge R V Jatale) on the ground of parity after other accused (in the case) were released recently. They have been asked to furnish a surety of Rs 30,000 each."
The court had given bail to 14 people allegedly involved in the riot on the same ground on November 2.
Those granted bail on Tuesday are Mujibur Rehman, Arbaz Sheikh, Bilal Sheikh, Haqik Atik Shah, Alam Khan, Pervez Ansari, Mohammed Mehtab Hussain, Tabrez Jamal, Mohammed Hussain Karimuddin, Imran Dastagir Sheikh, Afzal Sheikh, Ansar Ali Qureshi, Akbar Ismail Sheikh and Javed Alam Taufiq.
Now, 32 of the 63 people arrested for the riot have got relief. Five others have been discharged for lack of evidence.
Crime Branch is expected to file a chargesheet in the case within a week as the 90-day deadline nears its end.
- 4 more bodies found on Arunachal border, curfew in Assam town
- ‘Polls have come in the way of new norms for tech institutes’
- Food security Act also covers foreign nationals, refugees, says Law Ministry
- Lokayukta meets Bhardwaj over Bill
- Days before school admissions start, HC order on RTE creates confusion
- NGO seeks funds to train HIV+ patients