Another arrest in Rs 5-cr Defence Colony heist
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Another accused in the Rs 5-crore Defence Colony heist was arrested on Friday from the INA Market area. The police said they recovered a .32 bore pistol with two cartridges and Rs 12 lakh from his possession.
"Yogesh, a resident of New Usmanpur, was arrested by the Special Task Force, South District," DCP South Chhaya Sharma said.
On September 28, the security guard of a cash van was shot dead by six armed men. The van was carrying cash from an ICICI Bank branch in Hauz Khas.
So far, police have arrested 15 persons — Deepak Sharma, Mukesh Saini, Umesh, Tek Chand, Krishan Kumar, Hari Kishan, Rashmi Sharma, Vijay Nahar Singh, Ranjeet Singh, Pawan alias Pappu, Jyoti Batra, Ram Singh, Ajay, Ranjit Rumal and Yogesh.
With these arrests, the total recovery in the case has reached Rs 4.21 crore, apart from jewellery and properties worth Rs 15 lakh. Provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act have been invoked against the accused, police said.
To evade arrest, police said, Yogesh (36) grew a beard and dressed up as a baba. He stayed in temples, mosques and gurdwaras and did not contact any of his associates.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully