Another arrest in Rs 5-cr Defence Colony heist
- SC slams BCCI over Lodha report: Better fall in line, or we will make you fall in line
- SAARC Summit: Now, Bangladesh, Bhutan and Afghanistan say they won't be going to Islamabad
- To isolate Pak, India pulls out of Islamabad SAARC summit
- Global competitiveness index: India jumps 16 ranks for second time, now at 39
- Shimon Peres, last surviving link to Israel's founding fathers, dies at 93
Another accused in the Rs 5-crore Defence Colony heist was arrested on Friday from the INA Market area. The police said they recovered a .32 bore pistol with two cartridges and Rs 12 lakh from his possession.
"Yogesh, a resident of New Usmanpur, was arrested by the Special Task Force, South District," DCP South Chhaya Sharma said.
On September 28, the security guard of a cash van was shot dead by six armed men. The van was carrying cash from an ICICI Bank branch in Hauz Khas.
So far, police have arrested 15 persons — Deepak Sharma, Mukesh Saini, Umesh, Tek Chand, Krishan Kumar, Hari Kishan, Rashmi Sharma, Vijay Nahar Singh, Ranjeet Singh, Pawan alias Pappu, Jyoti Batra, Ram Singh, Ajay, Ranjit Rumal and Yogesh.
With these arrests, the total recovery in the case has reached Rs 4.21 crore, apart from jewellery and properties worth Rs 15 lakh. Provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act have been invoked against the accused, police said.
To evade arrest, police said, Yogesh (36) grew a beard and dressed up as a baba. He stayed in temples, mosques and gurdwaras and did not contact any of his associates.
- Power struggle within weakens Samajwadi Party already undergoing an identity crisis in UP
- Preventive detention is being routinised as an instrument of state repression
- The challenge of garbage is set to grow, solid waste management plans need to be implemented
- After Uri, a replay of a 2001 predicament
- Any response to Uri must factor in Pakistani state’s relationship with non-state actors
- It is assumed that Blacks will vote 93 per cent for Clinton, seven per cent for Trump