Another arrest in Rs 5-cr Defence Colony heist
- Sushma Swaraj rubbishes Pakistan's 4-point peace formula at UN
- US shooting: 15 dead, 20 wounded at Oregon community college; shooter detained
- Day after Dadri lynching, VP Ansari says state has to ensure right to life
- Delhi: Man shoots self at Rajiv Chowk Metro station
- BJP MP compares Modi with Gandhi, Cong says 'sycophancy at its worst'
Another accused in the Rs 5-crore Defence Colony heist was arrested on Friday from the INA Market area. The police said they recovered a .32 bore pistol with two cartridges and Rs 12 lakh from his possession.
"Yogesh, a resident of New Usmanpur, was arrested by the Special Task Force, South District," DCP South Chhaya Sharma said.
On September 28, the security guard of a cash van was shot dead by six armed men. The van was carrying cash from an ICICI Bank branch in Hauz Khas.
So far, police have arrested 15 persons — Deepak Sharma, Mukesh Saini, Umesh, Tek Chand, Krishan Kumar, Hari Kishan, Rashmi Sharma, Vijay Nahar Singh, Ranjeet Singh, Pawan alias Pappu, Jyoti Batra, Ram Singh, Ajay, Ranjit Rumal and Yogesh.
With these arrests, the total recovery in the case has reached Rs 4.21 crore, apart from jewellery and properties worth Rs 15 lakh. Provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act have been invoked against the accused, police said.
To evade arrest, police said, Yogesh (36) grew a beard and dressed up as a baba. He stayed in temples, mosques and gurdwaras and did not contact any of his associates.