Another Black Friday for Sabarimala pilgrims
- If Pakistan has sympathy for Kashmiri youth, they shouldn’t provoke them to attack army camps: Mehbooba Mufti
- Dhaka cafe attack mastermind, 2 others killed in police encounter
- Rio 2016 review: What they did at home, what in Olympics
- Buzz of change in Maldives, Mohammed Nasheed flies secretly to Lanka
- Kashmir: Police constable shot dead by terrorists
The mishap at Pulmedu in Vandiperiyar in Kerala's remote Idukki district which claimed 102 lives on Friday, is the third and worst mishap involving the Sabarimala pilgrims on the 'Makara Jyothi' day on Jan 14.
Lakhs of pilgrims converge at the holy shrine to watch the 'Makara Jyothi', a bright flame that flickers three times on a remote hillside fo Ponnambalamedu, every year and the number of devotees keeping growing each pilgrimage season.
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.
- The draft surrogacy bill violates the fundamental right of people to choose modes of parenthood
- Realpolitik drives Myanmar’s outreach to India and China
- Epidemics in India are seldom followed by a long-term response
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within