Another Black Friday for Sabarimala pilgrims
- LIVE: 52 AAP MLAs detained by Delhi Police ahead of their 'surrender' before PM Modi, BJP calls it 'drama'
- Now, people of London sign petition to stay in the European Union
- Personal doctor says Rao's reaction to Babri demolition was honest agitation
- Pampore: Eight CRPF men killed in Valley attack, LeT claims credit
- Under ED heat, Robert Vadra’s firm sheds pvt ltd tag
The mishap at Pulmedu in Vandiperiyar in Kerala's remote Idukki district which claimed 102 lives on Friday, is the third and worst mishap involving the Sabarimala pilgrims on the 'Makara Jyothi' day on Jan 14.
Lakhs of pilgrims converge at the holy shrine to watch the 'Makara Jyothi', a bright flame that flickers three times on a remote hillside fo Ponnambalamedu, every year and the number of devotees keeping growing each pilgrimage season.
- Donald Trump could lead the US back to a past it had moved on from
- EU must confront its failures, far right movements in Europe will become stronger
- Circumstantial and documentary evidence appea overlooked in the Gulberg Society verdict
- Language requires update to reflect growing female presence in 'male' spheres
- Eleanor Zelliot introduced Ambedkar and the Dalit movement to the West
- Across the aisle- Economic reforms: Act I, Scene I