Another Bush joins political bandwagon in the US
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Carrying forward the legacy, George P Bush, member of the Bush family which has seen two of its members elected as Presidents of the US, has joined the political bandwagon as he filed paperwork to run for Texas land commissioner in 2014.
He is the grandson of George H W Bush and nephew of George W Bush, the 41st and 43rd Presidents of the US respectively. George,a lawyer and real estate investor, will face his first political race for which he filed the papers yesterday.
The move is not entirely unexpected as George's father,former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, told his supporters in a fund-raising pitch sent in November that George was looking at the land commissioner's office, which is viewed as a steppingstone to higher office in Texas.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2