Another Bush joins political bandwagon in the US
- Indrani 'admits' to her role in Sheena's murder; Peter Mukerjea grilled again
- OROP row: Govt constantly shifting goalpost, say ex-servicemen
- SP quits Grand Alliance: More psychological dents than physical
- Kalburgi murder: Former Rama Sene chief detained in Mangaluru
- Non-state actors unleashing violence on innocent people: PM Modi
Carrying forward the legacy, George P Bush, member of the Bush family which has seen two of its members elected as Presidents of the US, has joined the political bandwagon as he filed paperwork to run for Texas land commissioner in 2014.
He is the grandson of George H W Bush and nephew of George W Bush, the 41st and 43rd Presidents of the US respectively. George,a lawyer and real estate investor, will face his first political race for which he filed the papers yesterday.
The move is not entirely unexpected as George's father,former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, told his supporters in a fund-raising pitch sent in November that George was looking at the land commissioner's office, which is viewed as a steppingstone to higher office in Texas.