Another complaint against former SSP: ‘Bought land for him in TN’
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Less than a month after former Chandigarh SSP Naunihal Singh's alleged "front man" Jaswinder Walia levelled serious allegations against him, another Ludhiana businessman has complained to senior police officers of Punjab and Chandigarh seeking registration of a corruption case against Naunihal for allegedly purchasing around 350 acres of land in Tamil Nadu using his and his family members' names.
Harmeet Singh, a Ludhiana businessman who claims to be a General Power of Attorney (GPA) and Special Power of Attorney (SPA) holder of Naunihal and his family members, has alleged that around two years ago, he came in touch with Naunihal through Walia after which he was made the GPA and SPA and was asked to buy various properties in Tamil Nadu.
Thereafter, he allegedly purchased around 350 acres of land in Tamil Nadu under the name of Naunihal, his family members and near relatives. Of the total land, Harmeet purchased over 50 acres on behalf of Naunihal in Chennai. Naunihal is currently posted as Deputy Inspector General of Police in Punjab.
In a detailed complaint given to the Director General of Police, Punjab, Harmeet has alleged, "Properties were purchased from the money obtained beyond his (Naunihal) known sources of income, and the said money was used for purchasing properties through the applicant (Harmeet) in his name and in the name of his close relatives including Hawa Singh Hooda, Asha Rani, etc... When I came to know that these properties have been purchased through money gathered from illegal gratification, therefore (sic), I am complaining against the sitting IPS officer of Punjab."
The concluding para of the voluminous complaint reads, "You are therefore requested to register the case against Naunihal Singh and others, who have conspired with him in the above mentioned illegal transactions, and proper inquiry should be conducted and necessary legal action may kindly be taken in this regard."
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express