Another ex-UP minister likely to be charged in NRHM scam
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The CBI is likely to file a chargesheet in a case related to NRHM scam against another former minister of the Mayawati government. Anant Mishra, former health minister, is likely to be named in a case related to alleged corruption in the posting of chief medical officers and district project officers, it is learnt.
Sources said former family welfare minister Babu Singh Kushwaha, former principal secretary (health) Pradeep Shukla and five others, including ex-BSP MLA Ram Prasad Jaiswal, would be Mishra's co-accused in the case. They have been named in other NRHM cases as well.
The case arose from an FIR which the CBI lodged on June 2, accusing the two ministers of influencing the posting of CMOs and DPOs of the Family Welfare Department in districts to facilitate award of contracts under NRHM to chosen suppliers.