Another Haryana rape? Teenage girl says violated, cops probe vendetta
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
A teenaged girl in Haryana's Sonepat district has alleged that she was gangraped by four persons after which police have registered a case against the accused.
The 13-year-old victim alleged that she was gangraped by four persons, on Friday night in Gannaur, they said.
The complaint was lodged with the police by the victim's mother, who stated that her daughter had come out of the house to answer nature's call, when the accused overpowered her and committed the crime.
The mother rushed to the girl's rescue when she heard her cries after which the accused ran away, police said.
Police said that while the accused were at large, the medical examination of the girl was conducted at Gannaur civil hospital.
The victim's father had left the family about eight years ago and her mother, who stays in Gannaur, works as a daily wager, police said.
They said they were also investigating a possible link between the Gannaur incident and another rape case in Matan village in Jhajjar district about a month ago.
A maternal uncle of the Gannaur rape victim had allegedly raped the sister of one of the accused.
The accused in the Matan incident is at large, they said, adding they are investigating if the family of the girl from Gannaur may have filed a false complaint as a retaliatory act to put pressure on the Matan rape victim to withdraw her complaint.