Another Haryana rape? Teenage girl says violated, cops probe vendetta
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
A teenaged girl in Haryana's Sonepat district has alleged that she was gangraped by four persons after which police have registered a case against the accused.
The 13-year-old victim alleged that she was gangraped by four persons, on Friday night in Gannaur, they said.
The complaint was lodged with the police by the victim's mother, who stated that her daughter had come out of the house to answer nature's call, when the accused overpowered her and committed the crime.
The mother rushed to the girl's rescue when she heard her cries after which the accused ran away, police said.
Police said that while the accused were at large, the medical examination of the girl was conducted at Gannaur civil hospital.
The victim's father had left the family about eight years ago and her mother, who stays in Gannaur, works as a daily wager, police said.
They said they were also investigating a possible link between the Gannaur incident and another rape case in Matan village in Jhajjar district about a month ago.
A maternal uncle of the Gannaur rape victim had allegedly raped the sister of one of the accused.
The accused in the Matan incident is at large, they said, adding they are investigating if the family of the girl from Gannaur may have filed a false complaint as a retaliatory act to put pressure on the Matan rape victim to withdraw her complaint.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today