Another LoC ceasefire violation by Pak troops at Poonch sector
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Another ceasefire violation was done by the Pakistan Army on Line of Control (LoC) in the Krishna Ghati sector of Poonch district, without any provocation on the night of February 14.
Tension between India and Pakistan had escalated following the beheading of Indian jawan Lance Naik Hemraj Singh in an attack along the Line of Control in Mendhar Sector on January 8.
"Pak troops opened unprovoked firing with small arms and light and heavy automatic weapons, in the Balnoi area of Krishna Ghati Sector at approx 2005 hours on 14 Feb 2013. The firing lasted for about more than one hour, till approx 2115 hours," said PRO, Defence, Col S N Acharya.
"Indian troops exercised utmost restraint and response to Pak fire, though controlled, was effective fire. Own troops maintained a high state of alert. There was no casualty whatsoever, to own troops," he added.
Pakistan has so far violated ceasefire more than three times since the flag meeting held at Chakan-da-Bagh in Poonch on January 14 and was attended by Brigadier level officers from India and Pakistan.
The Indian Army raised a strong protest against the heinous mutilation of their deceased soldiers bodies, pointing out that it was against the tenets of the Geneva Convention as also in contravention to all established norms of soldierly behaviour.
Meanwhile, the Indian Army foiled an Infiltration attempt by a group of suspected terrorists on the line of control in Lam Sector of Sunderbani in Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday.
During the operation one jawan sustained gunshot wound and was immediately evacuated to Command Hospital, Udhampur.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express