Another mid-day meal tragedy hits Bihar, 50 children sickened, lizard in food suspected
- Sports court tears Narsingh Yadav defence, NADA’s credibility
- Ramya on sedition case: Will not apologise for my Pakistan remark, said nothing wrong
- I can't fight against the government or AFI, but I know the truth: OP Jaisha
- From Rajasthan to Bihar: Tracking floods in north India
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew lifted from parts of Srinagar
Just a day after 22 students died after eating mid-day meal in Bihar's Chhapra, about 50 children of another government school were taken ill today after they were served food under the scheme in Madhubani district of the state.
The food was served to students of Navtolia Middle School, Bisfi, about 22 km from here. The students alleged that the meal had a dead lizard in it.
Around 50 students complained of stomach ache and began vomitting after eating the mid-day meal. They were then rushed to Bisfi Health Centre, its medical officer in-charge A K Prabhat told reporters here.
"All the students are out of danger," he said.
Except for seven children, the rest have been discharged from the health centre, he said adding seven students, five of them girls, are being administered saline water.
District Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Singh and Circle Officer of Bisfi has reached the health centre to inquire into the matter.
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways
- Mental Health Bill tries to address complex issues, but it’s a work in progress
- Modi’s recent statements could help end the troubled region’s long international isolation
- Divya Spandana: Pakistan is no hell, I stand by my remarks
- The freedom from unreason
- Cow protection, paradoxically, poses a threat to the BJP’s project of Hindu unity