Another mid-day meal tragedy hits Bihar, 50 children sickened, lizard in food suspected
- Missing Naval officers on board INS Sindhuratna confirmed dead
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
Just a day after 22 students died after eating mid-day meal in Bihar's Chhapra, about 50 children of another government school were taken ill today after they were served food under the scheme in Madhubani district of the state.
The food was served to students of Navtolia Middle School, Bisfi, about 22 km from here. The students alleged that the meal had a dead lizard in it.
Around 50 students complained of stomach ache and began vomitting after eating the mid-day meal. They were then rushed to Bisfi Health Centre, its medical officer in-charge A K Prabhat told reporters here.
"All the students are out of danger," he said.
Except for seven children, the rest have been discharged from the health centre, he said adding seven students, five of them girls, are being administered saline water.
District Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Singh and Circle Officer of Bisfi has reached the health centre to inquire into the matter.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight