Another mid-day meal tragedy hits Bihar, 50 children sickened, lizard in food suspected
- NDA falls behind as campaign swings poll towards Nitish-Lalu: Lokniti CSDS pre-poll survey
- Govt hikes excise duty on petrol by Rs 1.6 per litre, diesel by 40 paisa
- Four Mi-25 attack helicopters for Afghanistan: India's bold move
- Pakistan is going to remain a problem for India: Western Army Commander
- Religious places of Muslims, Christians in Odisha should be under state regulating authority: RSS
Just a day after 22 students died after eating mid-day meal in Bihar's Chhapra, about 50 children of another government school were taken ill today after they were served food under the scheme in Madhubani district of the state.
The food was served to students of Navtolia Middle School, Bisfi, about 22 km from here. The students alleged that the meal had a dead lizard in it.
Around 50 students complained of stomach ache and began vomitting after eating the mid-day meal. They were then rushed to Bisfi Health Centre, its medical officer in-charge A K Prabhat told reporters here.
"All the students are out of danger," he said.
Except for seven children, the rest have been discharged from the health centre, he said adding seven students, five of them girls, are being administered saline water.
District Magistrate Lokesh Kumar Singh and Circle Officer of Bisfi has reached the health centre to inquire into the matter.