Another rape remark row, this time by TMC MP
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
Reacting to the reports on the Trinamool MP's alleged remarks, the Park Street rape victim told The Indian Express that the MP's comment was not only derogatory but also uncalled for. "It comes at a time when the case in being tried in court. How could a woman, who is holding a high post, make such a comment? Was she present when I was being raped?" the rape victim asked. "Who told her that there was a misunderstanding between me and my clients? Even if a prostitute is raped, can it be justified? Rape is a rape and there cannot be a difference between a rape on an ordinary woman and that on a prostitute," she said.
"Unfortunately incident of rape is being politicised. If I would have committed suicide, then it would have proven that I was raped. If I would have been hospitalised like the Delhi woman in a critical condition, then it would have proven that I was raped," she added.