Another rape victim blackmailed with MMS video of crime, this time in Delhi
- Elections 2014 Live: Sonia Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal cast their votes in third phase of LS polls
- Modi tukde tukde kar dega... ladaa dega, says Rahul
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- NSCN (IM) takes over Manipur booths, loads EVMs with votes
- Narendra Modi mentions wife Jashodaben in poll affidavit for first time
A teenaged girl was sexually assaulted here allegedly by a driver while his friend recorded the crime on a mobile phone and circulated it as an MMS, in yet another instance of rape being filmed to blackmail the victim.
The rape took place in east Delhi's Trilokpuri around 45 days ago and was reported to police on Wednesday when the victim's father came to know about the circulation of an MMS clip of the rape incident.
A case has been registered but the accused are still at large.
The incidents comes close on the heels of a teenage Dalit girl in Haryana's Hisar being allegedly gangraped a fortnight back by youths who had also threatened to make public her objectionable pictures, following which her shocked father committed suicide on September 18.
Also, a mother of two was allegedly ganagraped at gunpoint by three men in Jind district when she was alone in her house and the accused allegedly also filmed the crime and circulated it in the village.
In the Delhi incident, the 16-year-old Class X student claimed that the incident took place on August 14 and one of the accused was her brother's friend, who is a driver.
According to her, the driver offered her lift and made her drink soft drinks laced with sedatives.
When she regained consciousness, she claimed that she found herself in a room where the driver's friend and a woman were present. The driver's friend filmed the rape and circulated it in the locality.
They allegedly threatened her that they will upload the clip on internet if she complained to police. The woman dropped her at her home later.
A medical examination confirmed rape.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi