Another rape victimís kin allege police inaction
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs CSK: CSK remove KXIP openers in a hurry
The rapist and murderers of a 13-year-old girl remains at large even after 23 days of the incident due to police "apathy", the victim's family has alleged.
The victim's family and social activists Friday protested near Gurdaspur DC Abhinav Trikha's office against the police inability to nab the culprits.
Bakshish Singh, father of the victim, told reporters that while the police have been promising that the culprits will be brought to book within a week, police have been unable to nab the culprits even after 23 days of the crime. While Dorangla SHO Raj Kumar was shifted on December 12 for his inefficiency to solve the case, the present SHO Ravinder Singh Ruby has also not done anything, Singh said.
A case of rape and murder under Sec 376 and 302 has been filed against unidentified culprits, Ruby said.
Gurdaspur SSP Raj Jeet Singh was not available for his comment.
The minor was found murdered in a sugarcane field at Hassanpur village on December 5 after she did not return home after schooling. A medical examination had confirmed that the victim was raped, police said.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer