Anoushka Shahnkar to pay tribute to Delhi gangrape victim through song
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Sitarist Anoushka Shankar is all set to perform her track on Delhi gangrape victim at a concert here on Saturday.
The instrumental piece, named after the 23-year-old woman, was developed by the musician following the horrific incident and is a part of her seventh studio album 'Traces of You'.
"There is a song in the name of Delhi gangrape victim. It's an instrumental piece, I wrote it because I just needed to play my anger.
"I was in the studio making this whole album when the incident happened. I took my instrument and started playing raagshree, which is a very introvert and dark raag. I will be playing this raag during my Delhi concert," Anoushka told PTI.
The 32-year-old Grammy nominated sitarist will perform at the Talkatora stadium on December 14.
Anoushka said the track was her feeling about such violences faced by women.
"I was really in a dark place after hearing all the news. I was having a lot of pain and frustration. This piece is a direct response to my feelings about sexual violence. I named the song on the name of the victim," she said.
The sitraist had also launched an online campaign demanding an end to crime against women after the incident.
The paramedic was brutally assaulted and gangraped by six people inside a moving bus on December 16, last year, triggering a nationwide outrage.
She died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer