Anoushka Shankar performs at Fusion concert in Dubai
- Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case: Javed Sheikh's father moves CBI court against Amit Shah, ex-DGP; wants them arraigned
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for 'irresponsible' media remark, says it is a sign of 'weakness'
- Seven-storey building collapses in Mumbai
- Goa court grants permission to Tarun Tejpal to meet his ailing mother
- Arvind Kejriwal alleges whole media is sold, backtracks later
Grammy Award nominee and daughter of sitar maestro Late Pandit Ravi Shankar, Anoushka Shankar, led a Global Fusion concert here marking the ninth year of Fusion concerts in Dubai.
The Global Fusion concerts have evolved over the years and featured over 100 artistes. It also has a visual element in the form of dance which fuses with the music.
The concert also featured electrifying fusion performances by India's Pirashanna Thevarajah on the percussion, Bernhard Schimpelsberger on drums and percussion from Austria, Sanjeev Shankar from India on the Shehnai, Daniel Jimenez from Spain on the Flamenco Guitar, Kenji Ota from Japan on the Tanpura, Sandra Carrasco from Spain on vocals and Guro Schia from Norway performing the classical ballet.
Emirati artiste Faisal Al Saari on the Oudh successfully integrated his Middle Eastern tones along with the international artistes present at the fusion. The concert was hosted by Alpen Capital and Bank Sarasin-Alpen.