Anoushka Shankar to enthral at Dover Lane Music Conference
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Opinion polls Manipulation: EC asks Centre to take action
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade
Noted sitar player Anoushka Shankar and flautist Hariprasad Chaurasia would be the main attraction for music aficionados in next year's edition of Dover Lane Music Conference.
Four night-long musical sessions will be held at Nazrul Mancha from January 22.
Anoushka, the Grammy-nominated London-based artist and the daughter of legendary Ravi Shankar, would be giving a solo performance for the first time in the music carnival, organiser Bappa Sen told reporters here.
Other attractions would be Hariprasad Chaurasia, vocalist Pt Ajoy Chakraborty and violin player L Subramaniam.
Industrialist Sanjay Budhia, who patronises the musical event which first started in 1952, said, "The western music is taking us over. Conferences like this keeps the Indian culture and music alive".
The event is the highpoint in Kolkata's annual music calendar drawing thousands of music lovers each night. As a rule, the performances begin late in the evening and go on all night, ending next day in the morning.