Ansal Plaza gets one more chance to pay house tax of Rs 3 cr
- Rahul Gandhi fasts with agitating students at Hyd university, BJP calls it 'cheap politics'
- Classic politics of vulturisation: BJP on Rahul's visit to Hyd University
- Month before budget, Raghuram Rajan cautions: Don’t overspend to spur growth
- Solar scam: Kerala HC grants Chandy some relief as Saritha targets his son
- Centre justifies President’s rule in Arunachal: ‘Threat from China, war-like situation’
The house tax branch of Municipal Corporation on Tuesday went to seal Ansal Plaza for non-payment of house tax amounting to Rs 2.92 crore. The outstanding amount was for more than a year and it was not being paid despite the repeated reminders by the MC authorities.
Additional Commissioner Devinder Singh went along with his team to seal the mall. Since the management gave an undertaking that they would pay the outstanding amount by Friday, they were given another chance.
The argument between the MC team and the mall management continued for more than an hour and finally the team came back. Singh said they would wait till Friday and if no response came, they would go again to seal the mall.
The issue of non-payment of house tax has been raised a number of times in the general house meetings of the MC. Even Commissioner R K Verma and Mayor Harcharan Singh Gohalwaria had indicated that their focus would be on clearing the dues and they would not come under any political pressure.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies