Antra Mali's father, photographer Jagdish Mali dies in Mumbai
- Ahead of Kisan rally, Rahul Gandhi meets delegation of farmers
- 15-year-old boy killed in J&K's Narbal as security forces open fire on protesters
- Suicide bombing in eastern Afghanistan kills 22, injures 50
- First Germany, now UK objects to India ‘breach’ of secret bank data
- Need to give foreign visit details in tax returns
Renowned fashion photographer Jagdish Mali, father of actress Antara Mali, died this morning at a suburban hospital.
Jagdish Mali died at around 11 am at Nanavati hospital, hospital sources said.
The photographer was diagnosed with a liver ailment in 1998 but was said to be better recently.
"He was not keeping well for some time. He had liver and intestinal problem as well," sources close to the actor told PTI.
Jagdish Mali, who started his career in the 80s, had worked with most of the big names in Bollywood like Rekha, Shabana Azmi, Kareena Kapoor, Anupam Kher, Om Puri, Irrfan Khan and others.
In January this year, Jagdish Mali was reportedly spotted walking in a "disoriented" state in a city suburb but he later rubbished reports saying he was not suffering from any mental problem and was perfectly fine.
Small-time actress Mink Brar, who was a participant in the recently concluded reality show 'Bigg Boss', had reportedly spotted him roaming in an awkward condition in the
She had then contacted Antara Mali for help.