Anthony Hopkins refused to dress down for 'Hitchcock' rehearsals
- Lies being spread that govt will scrap reservation: PM Modi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi's rally at Bhabhua tomorrow gets EC clearance
- Policy decision on combat role for women soon, says Defence Minister Parrikar
- Delhi: 4-year-old girl raped, found bleeding near railway tracks
- K P Oli elected as new Prime Minister of Nepal
Oscar-winner Anthony Hopkins sported a full suit while rehearsing his role as Alfred Hitchcock to help him get into character of the famous director.
The "Silence of the Lambs" star wore padding and facial prosthetics to transform into the portly, smartly-dressed director for the film but refused to pile on weight for the role, reported Daily Express.
He also insisted on turning up to rehearsals alongside co-stars Helen Mirren and Scarlett Johansson in formal clothes to perfect his portrayal of the cinema icon.
"I spent about an hour and half in make-up each day. I also shaved my head, because I'm quite gray and Hitchcock used dye - that awful red dye. And then, once you get into the mask, I'm not Alfred Hitchcock; I'm Anthony Hopkins playing the guy.
"So I used what I could. I wouldn't go on the set till I was completely dressed. I wouldn't go on in jeans, even in rehearsal. If you're going to rehearse a scene, become the character. I wanted to feel the illusion of what I was trying to do, and that's what I did," he said.