Anti-Barack Obama filmmaker Dinesh DíSouza exits after Ďadulteryí row
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- Will not campaign for any candidate, says Anna Hazare
Dinesh D'Souza, the Mumbai-born conservative scholar behind the high-grossing documentary 2016: Obama's America that condemns President Barack Obama, resigned Thursday as head of a US evangelical college following a report about his engagement to a woman while still legally married to his wife.
The board of The King's College announced school president D'Souza was stepping down immediately. D'Souza has said he's done nothing wrong. He could not be reached for comment.
The resignation was announced two days after the evangelical magazine World reported that D'Souza spoke at a Christian values event in South Carolina and brought along his fiancee. Organisers said they confronted D'Souza after concluding that he and his fiancee had shared a hotel room while attending the gathering.
D'Souza said he did not share the room. In a brief interview Tuesday with The Associated Press, D'Souza said he and his wife, Dixie, have been "living in a state of separation for two years".
D'Souza filed for divorce in California a few days after the South Carolina conference, according to court records. He told the AP he had called off his engagement.
The King's College, located in New York City, aims to shape young Christians as future leaders in all parts of society. D'Souza is a former policy analyst under President Ronald Reagan and an author known most recently for his critical works on Obama. His film has become one of the most successful political documentaries ever released, grossing more than $32 million to date.
By RACHEL ZOLL
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today
- Class XII exams clash with polls, 4 postponed
- 11 traffic cops suspended for cop-out at key junctions