Anticipatory bail pleas of 3 UoP clerks rejected
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A city court on Wednesday rejected the anticipatory bail pleas of three clerks from the University of Pune's (UoP) examination department (re-evaluation section) who were booked for their alleged role in the re-evaluation scam.
Additional Sessions Judge S A Qazi, while rejecting the bail pleas, said the trio — Ashok Ranawade (44), Ramesh Shelar (43), residents of university staff quarters, and Chetan Parbhane (42) of Nigdi — have been booked for the serious offence of manipulating marks of 22 students. "An interrogation of the suspects might lead to more such cases. Considering the seriousness of the alleged offence, their anticipatory bail applications stand rejected," the order stated.
Sampada Joshi, Controller of Examination, UoP, had filed an FIR in the alleged re-evaluation scam on December 17, but the three clerks were untraceable. The trio were named by the fact-finding committee for their alleged role in increasing marks fraudulently. The case dates back to October when two persons were arrested as dummy students. The Cantonment police had sent a list of 28 exam seat numbers whose marks were fraudulently increased during re-evaluation. Police had told the university that the information had emerged during the interrogation of the arrested suspects. In response, the university had set up a three-member fact-finding committee that had recommended an FIR to be registered against the clerks.
The FIR was registered against them under Sections 409 (criminal breach of trust by public servant), 420 (cheating), 468 (forgery for purpose of cheating) and 471 (using as genuine a forged document) of the IPC.
- I will protest against Arvind Kejriwal if he indulges in wrongdoing: AnnaÂ Hazare
- Amit Shah not named in supplementary chargesheet filed by CBI in Ishrat Jahan fake encounterÂ case
- Narendra Modiâ€™s Kolkata rally â€˜okayâ€™, crowd only 50,000 : VarunÂ Gandhi
- Stop personal attacks, Rahul tells spokespersons | The Indian Express