Anti-eveteasing helpline a success
- J-K: Day after DG level talks, 1 BSF officer killed in Pak firing in Rajouri
- Bihar polls: NDA fails to clinch seat-sharing deal as Manjhi plays hardball
- 70 Indian sailors stranded in Yemen, MEA says working on evacuation
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan heckled near Jhabua blast site; accused absconding
- Munnar tea estate workers end nine-day-long agitation
The anti-eve-teasing helpline launched by the Delhi Police in December last year is proving to be a success, with the Crime Branch getting almost 1,600 complaints from women and teenage girls.
The 24-hour helpline (011-27894455) was set up for women who are bothered by lewd calls or messages.
The complaints received so far points towards an interesting trend-most eve-teasers are known to the complainants, a senior police officer said.
Mostly teenagers, the eve-teasers rarely follow a pattern in teasing the victim. They make abusive calls at odd hours, misbehave and send lewd messages; in some cases, they send lewd MMS.