Anti-virus software pioneer John McAfee captured in Belize: Report
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured in road accident in Jaipur; one dead
- Fadnavis rubbishes reports of flight delay, threatens to take legal action
- Madrasas to be de-recognised in Maharashtra; Congress calls the move unconstitutional
- Rs 526 crore for AAP govt publicity; Congress asks is it to purchase media
- Fearing action, 1400 primary teachers with fake degree resign in Bihar
Anti-virus software pioneer John McAfee, wanted by authorities in Belize for his neighbour's murder, has been captured after weeks on the run, his blog said.
"We have received an unconfirmed report that John McAfee has been captured at the border of Belize and Mexico," his official blog whoismcafee.com said.
The website, which McAfee launched to counter what he sees as erroneous claims by the media or authorities about him, said it would provide more information as it became available.
Police say they simply want to question the 67-year-old about the murder of fellow American Gregory Faull, a Florida native who was found dead at his home last month in a pool of blood on the Caribbean island of Ambergris Caye.
Faull, 52, was shot in the back of the head, according to a report by the police.
There were no signs of a break-in, and a laptop and cell phone were missing.
McAfee has said he fears for his life and was fleeing authorities with whom he has been at odds ever since refusing to make a donation to a local politician's campaign.
In Belize, a source at the US embassy said people close to McAfee, in the town of Carmelita, in the San Pedro area, had denied that he was captured. A police spokesman meanwhile said he had no information on a possible arrest.