Antony quiet on VIP copter deal
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Defence Minister A K Antony Wednesday avoided a direct answer to whether the government had changed technical specifications in a 2010 contract to buy 12 VVIP helicopters. The deal has come under the scanner for corruption charges that are being probed by the Italian authorities.
Responding to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Antony said the technical specifications were finalised prior to the issue of the Request for Proposals in September 2006 but he did not elaborate on whether there were any changes.
He only said that after the RFP was issued, there were no changes. "The technical specifications have not been modified since the issue of the RFP in September 2006," he said.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express