Antony quiet on VIP copter deal
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Cong gave birth to child but killed the mother, says Modi on Telangana
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign, says Modi
Defence Minister A K Antony Wednesday avoided a direct answer to whether the government had changed technical specifications in a 2010 contract to buy 12 VVIP helicopters. The deal has come under the scanner for corruption charges that are being probed by the Italian authorities.
Responding to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Antony said the technical specifications were finalised prior to the issue of the Request for Proposals in September 2006 but he did not elaborate on whether there were any changes.
He only said that after the RFP was issued, there were no changes. "The technical specifications have not been modified since the issue of the RFP in September 2006," he said.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready