Antony quiet on VIP copter deal
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
Defence Minister A K Antony Wednesday avoided a direct answer to whether the government had changed technical specifications in a 2010 contract to buy 12 VVIP helicopters. The deal has come under the scanner for corruption charges that are being probed by the Italian authorities.
Responding to a question in the Rajya Sabha, Antony said the technical specifications were finalised prior to the issue of the Request for Proposals in September 2006 but he did not elaborate on whether there were any changes.
He only said that after the RFP was issued, there were no changes. "The technical specifications have not been modified since the issue of the RFP in September 2006," he said.