Antony recommends CBI probe into DRDO recruitment scam
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, RR vs SRH: RR pick regular wickets, stall SRH progress
Defence Minister A K Antony has recommended a CBI probe into an alleged recruitment scam in DRDO where several senior officers including two of its former
chiefs are under the scanner.
The Defence Minister has recommended a CBI probe into the alleged recruitment scam in which two former DRDO chiefs and a former Chief Controller of the organisation are under scanner for allegedly giving jobs to their kins in alleged violation of rules and regulations, sources said on Sunday.
The vigilance wing of the Defence Ministry had been investigating the alleged wrongdoings in recruitment in the premier defence research agency for over a year.
Recently, a Director-rank officer of the DRDO was under scanner for his alleged role in an appointment made against the laid down procedures and was suspended hours before his retirement from service in May.
The official, a senior scientist, was suspended by the department as an inquiry was pending against him in a recruitment-related case where he allegedly recruited his own daughter in the organisation.
The matter had come to light after the Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) recommended action against two DRDO officials for their alleged role in the case.
The official suspended was involved in promotion and selection of scientists in the organisation.
The CVC had also recommended review of the appointment of the scientist's daughter who is now working in DRDO as a 'Scientist C'.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer