'Anubhuti' ticket to cost one-and-half times more than AC 1 Class in Shatabdi: Bansal
- Uphaar fire: Ansal brothers walk free, SC rules Rs 60-cr fine adequate
- Bihar battle: Nitish shares dais with Kejriwal, calls Modi desperate
- Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt sacked, says decision came after 'sham inquiry'
- Students tortured me using interrogation techniques: FTII director
- ACB chief Meena 'not acting in accordance with law': Delhi govt to HC
Travelling in 'Anubhuti' coach, the special AC luxury class proposed in this year's Rail Budget, will be one and half times costlier than the First AC Executive Class in Shatabdi trains.
Railways has proposed to introduce a modern coach 'Anubhuti' with good ambience in Shatabdi and Rajdhani trains phase-wise, providing higher travel comfort to passengers.
"We will begin with one Shatabdi train as a pilot project and then Anubhuti coaches will be added in all other 16 Shatabdi trains," Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal said here today.
He said similarly one Rajdhani train will be selected for introduction of Anubhuti coach to be followed by all other 23 Rajdhani services and mail and express trains will also be equipped with Anubhuti coaches phase-wise.
Asked about the fare of travelling in Anubhuti class, Bansal said it will be one and half times more than the AC 1 Class in Shatabdi train.
While AC 1 has 56 seats in Shatabdi, Anubhuti will be equipped with 50 ergonomically designed cushioned seats and with provisions of LCD video screens.
It will cost Rs 30 lakh more than the regular LHB coach in Shatabdi, he said adding "Anubnuti coaches will be manufactured in coach factories in Rae Bareli and Kapurthala."