Anupam Kher attends SAG Awards with Robert De Niro
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Actor Anupam Kher, who plays Doctor Patel in David O Russell's Oscar nominated 'Silver Linings Playbook', attended the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards ceremony here.
The ensemble cast of the Hollywood film Robert De Niro,Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Tucker and Jacki Weaver shared the table with Kher and his actress wife Kiron.
Kher was nominated along with the star cast of 'Sliver Linings Playbook' in the best film ensemble but the award went to 'Argo'. Lawrence won the best actress trophy for her performance in the film.
Kher, 57, who is getting ready for the big Oscars night in LA on February 24, says he is ecstatic with his wonderful journey as an actor.
"Every time I've crossed to a new level of film acting the film has been a breakthrough project. My first Hindi film as a leading man was Mahesh Bhatt's 'Saaraansh' which immediately established me as someone who knows the craft.
"My first British film was Gurinder Chadha's 'Bend It Like Beckham' which was a huge international success. And now my first American film 'Silver Linings Playbook' is a roaring success. 'Silver Linings...' has proved a golden opportunity for me," he said.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully