Anupam Kher attends SAG Awards with Robert De Niro
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Actor Anupam Kher, who plays Doctor Patel in David O Russell's Oscar nominated 'Silver Linings Playbook', attended the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards ceremony here.
The ensemble cast of the Hollywood film Robert De Niro,Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Tucker and Jacki Weaver shared the table with Kher and his actress wife Kiron.
Kher was nominated along with the star cast of 'Sliver Linings Playbook' in the best film ensemble but the award went to 'Argo'. Lawrence won the best actress trophy for her performance in the film.
Kher, 57, who is getting ready for the big Oscars night in LA on February 24, says he is ecstatic with his wonderful journey as an actor.
"Every time I've crossed to a new level of film acting the film has been a breakthrough project. My first Hindi film as a leading man was Mahesh Bhatt's 'Saaraansh' which immediately established me as someone who knows the craft.
"My first British film was Gurinder Chadha's 'Bend It Like Beckham' which was a huge international success. And now my first American film 'Silver Linings Playbook' is a roaring success. 'Silver Linings...' has proved a golden opportunity for me," he said.