Anupam Kher awarded highest Asian honour
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Four policemen, two polling officers killed in Maoist attack
- Thousands turn up at Narendra Modi's Varanasi roadshow, BJP's PM candidate files nomination papers
- From Marandi vs Soren to Deora vs Sanyal: Top 5 battles in Lok Sabha polls Phase 6
- Rahul Gandhi joins sister Priyanka in attacking Narendra Modi on snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KKR vs RCB: KKR manage 150/7 against RCB
Anupam Kher was honoured at third edition of 'The Asian Awards' at The Grosvenor House Hotel last night in London along with Sir Ben Kingsley, Nicole Scherzinger and late Hollywood legend Bruce Lee. Anupam Kher was awarded with the Outstanding Achievement in Cinema. Anupam Kher has famously crossed over into western cinema, most recently in Silver Linings Playbook with Robert DeNiro and Bradley Cooper, and is a proud ambassador for Asians in world cinema.
The coveted Fellowship Award went to Kingsley who collected the award for his outstanding five decade career. Global icon, Bruce Lee was honoured with the prestigious Founders Award, for his impact and influence on western cinema, and also to mark the 40th anniversary of his death. The award ceremony was hosted by Lord Sebastian Coe, the man billed as one of the masterminds behind the London 2012 Olympics.
He says, "I am truly humbled and honoured for being awarded The Asian Award for my work as an actor. As an actor, all we do and want to do is make people laugh, cry, and persuade many other emotions by our craft. Our achievement at the end of the day is when the audience really does understand what we are doing. And the best part is when the spectrum is not India but Asia and the awards are not only for the category of cinema but other fields too. It is also an honour to be given this award the same year as Sir Ben Kingsley. Makes me feel very proud!"
Previous Asian award honourees include some of Asia's leading figures, including Sachin Tendulkar, Muttiah Muralitharan, Asha Bhosle, Jay Sean, AR Rahman and Ratan Tata.
- At least 65 EVMs replaced in six Lok Sabha seats in Assam
- Twitter cofounder talks of 26/11, Indian farmers in new book
- UP records over 24 pc voter turnout till 11 AM, 20 per cent turnout in Chhattisgarh
- Arvind Kejriwal lashes out at BJP for attack on Somnath Bharti
- ANF official accused of killing youth a gallantry award winner
- Maharashtra: Poor turnout till 9 am in third phase of polling