Anurag Basu, Vivek Oberoi to judge children reality show
- Defiant Giriraj stands by his remark, says Pakistan trying to stop Narendra Modi from becoming PM
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- Emissary row: Sanjay Saraf dismisses reports of carrying any message from BJP
- IPL 7 Live Score, RR vs KXIP: Watson departs after scoring scintillating fifty
'Barfi!' director Anurag Basu and actor Vivek Oberoi are teaming up with Sonali Bendre to judge a kids reality show 'India's Best Dramebaaz' on TV The Zee TV show will focus on finding the best of acting talent in the age group of 5 to 12.
Director Anurag Basu said he was conscious of the fact that children's studies might get affected due the show and said he only agreed to do the show when he got convincing] answers from the producers.
"Reality shows should be treated as a platform for children to get exposed to new people from various backgrounds and cities. They should be taken in positive stride. Probably] we had to wait for a NCC mela for such exposure," said Basu
while promoting the show in the Capital. "But reality shows should not be forced onto children and I have always been of the belief that theatre and films make you a better person," Basu added.
Bendre, who has judged a number of reality shows including 'India's Got Talent' and 'Indian Idol', said, "It's really wonderful to work with children as they are such pure] souls. And for me to work with children is like getting back in touch with my own childhood."
Both the judges agreed that it would be extremely difficult to say 'no' to children. Asked about the new rules by the government for children working on TV shows, Bendre said, "We are trying to maintain the balance between competition and fun on the show." The show will hit the television screens in February.