Anurag Kashyap shoots Bombay Talkies at Amitabh Bachchan's house
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has given Anurag Kashyap a go ahead to shoot at his home 'Pratiksha' for the director's segment in upcoming film Bombay Talkies.
A collection of four stories, the film has four different directors – Kashyap, Zoya Akhtar, Dibarkar Bannerji and Karan Johar.
The 70-year-old actor agreed to open doors to his house for the first time for a film after Kashyap approached Big B with a request as his story deals with a die hard fan, who travels all the way from Allahabad to fulfill his mother's last wish of feeding Bachchan her handmade 'Murabba'.
The director was very keen to capture the historic bungalow.
"Shooting at Mr Bachchan's home is a central part of the script. We are grateful to him for allowing us to access the porch and reception area of his bungalow. This is the first time that his house will be seen on celluloid," said Ashi Dua, producer of the film.
'Bombay Talkies', releasing on May 3rd, celebrates 100 years of cinema with four short films from four Hindi film directors.
Bachchan is currently shooting for Prakash Jha's political drama Satyagraha in Bhopal.