Anushka Sharma to play a jazz singer
- Congress wants Amit Shah held, BJP says nation shares his views
- Advani: Modi not my protege, a brilliant events manager
- Modi absent from Varunâs campaign, as is largely any BJP mention
- Pak bike-snatchers turned terrorists for IMâs âjihad liteâ
- Unruffled Indian team lets hair down with PS3, selfies, soccer
Talks of Jab Tak Hain Jaan girl, Anushka Sharma playing the role of a bar dancer in Anurag Kaskyap's upcoming Bombay Velvet have been doing the rounds.
However, a leading daily reported that Anushka will actually be seen in a more retro role, a jazz singer from the 60's. We hear the diva has been taking lessons from an Indo-Australian jazz singer to help her get into the skin of the character.
The vivacious Anushka Sharma will be seen sharing screen space opposite Bollywood's heartthrob, Ranbir Kapoor. Fans and the media alike are curious to see what kind of chemistry the two youngsters will share.
The film also stars filmmaker Karan Johar, who will be playing a baddie for the first time.
Bombay Velvet is the first film from a trilogy about Mumbai before the city turned into a Metropolis.