Anushka Sharma to play a jazz singer
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Talks of Jab Tak Hain Jaan girl, Anushka Sharma playing the role of a bar dancer in Anurag Kaskyap's upcoming Bombay Velvet have been doing the rounds.
However, a leading daily reported that Anushka will actually be seen in a more retro role, a jazz singer from the 60's. We hear the diva has been taking lessons from an Indo-Australian jazz singer to help her get into the skin of the character.
The vivacious Anushka Sharma will be seen sharing screen space opposite Bollywood's heartthrob, Ranbir Kapoor. Fans and the media alike are curious to see what kind of chemistry the two youngsters will share.
The film also stars filmmaker Karan Johar, who will be playing a baddie for the first time.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully