Anushka Sharma to play a jazz singer
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Talks of Jab Tak Hain Jaan girl, Anushka Sharma playing the role of a bar dancer in Anurag Kaskyap's upcoming Bombay Velvet have been doing the rounds.
However, a leading daily reported that Anushka will actually be seen in a more retro role, a jazz singer from the 60's. We hear the diva has been taking lessons from an Indo-Australian jazz singer to help her get into the skin of the character.
The vivacious Anushka Sharma will be seen sharing screen space opposite Bollywood's heartthrob, Ranbir Kapoor. Fans and the media alike are curious to see what kind of chemistry the two youngsters will share.
The film also stars filmmaker Karan Johar, who will be playing a baddie for the first time.
Bombay Velvet is the first film from a trilogy about Mumbai before the city turned into a Metropolis.