AP Assembly proceedings disrupted over Telangana Bill issue
- My government will not be vindictive: Narendra Modi on Robert Vadra
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- Rahul tears into Narendra Modi's 'toffee model' development in Gujarat
- Karnataka: At least six burnt to death, 12 injured as bus catches fire
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sonia to address rally in Telangana; Smriti Irani to file nomination shortly
MLAs from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions on Wednesday disrupted the proceedings of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly soon after the session began, opposing the draft Bill that provides for creation of a new state of Telangana.
TDP and YSR Congress members stayed in the Well of the House, raising slogans against the AP Reorganisation Bill-2013 and demanding that the House should first pass a resolution opposing the proposed bifurcation of the state.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar rejected the adjournment motions moved by TDP, YSRC and CPI on the bifurcation issue and at once adjourned the proceedings for an hour. The draft Bill was tabled in the House on Monday and the Assembly Business Advisory Committee decided to take up debate from Wednesday.
The Speaker was supposed to announce the schedule for the debate in the House this morning, but that did not happen because of the din.