AP Assembly proceedings disrupted over Telangana Bill issue
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
MLAs from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions on Wednesday disrupted the proceedings of the Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly soon after the session began, opposing the draft Bill that provides for creation of a new state of Telangana.
TDP and YSR Congress members stayed in the Well of the House, raising slogans against the AP Reorganisation Bill-2013 and demanding that the House should first pass a resolution opposing the proposed bifurcation of the state.
Speaker Nadendla Manohar rejected the adjournment motions moved by TDP, YSRC and CPI on the bifurcation issue and at once adjourned the proceedings for an hour. The draft Bill was tabled in the House on Monday and the Assembly Business Advisory Committee decided to take up debate from Wednesday.
The Speaker was supposed to announce the schedule for the debate in the House this morning, but that did not happen because of the din.