AP Congress leaders flay TRS chief Chandrasekhar Rao over remarks
- Election Live: BJP in damage control mode, Rudy to meet Uddhav to fine tune alliance with Sena
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
The ruling Congress leaders in Andhra Pradesh today took serious exception to the comments of TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao against their party and the Nehru-Gandhi family.
"Chandrasekhar Rao says Congress is deceiving Telangana. He says Nehruji merged the region with Andhra, Indira Gandhi killed 369 (pro-Telangana) students and Sonia Gandhi is now harassing Telangana people. This is his language. Is this air, justified for him?," State Congress president B Satyanarayana told reporters here.
"We know how Andhra Pradesh was formed and how linguistic states came into existence," he said.
AICC Secretary and party MLC P Sudhakar Reddy said the TRS President's comments are an attempt to provoke Telangana people for his own political benefit.
Stressing statehood issue can only be resolved in an atmosphere of harmony, he said, provocative actions would only lead to unwanted problems. Congress leaders were responding to Rao's comments made against the Congress at a protest organised here yesterday.
The pro-Telangana protests were held following the Centre's recent decision to hold further consultations to resolve the contentious issue.
Statehood supporters were angry over the alleged delay in formation of Telangana though Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde had reportedly said in December a decision on the issue would be taken in a month's time.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express