AP Congress leaders flay TRS chief Chandrasekhar Rao over remarks
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
The ruling Congress leaders in Andhra Pradesh today took serious exception to the comments of TRS President K Chandrasekhar Rao against their party and the Nehru-Gandhi family.
"Chandrasekhar Rao says Congress is deceiving Telangana. He says Nehruji merged the region with Andhra, Indira Gandhi killed 369 (pro-Telangana) students and Sonia Gandhi is now harassing Telangana people. This is his language. Is this air, justified for him?," State Congress president B Satyanarayana told reporters here.
"We know how Andhra Pradesh was formed and how linguistic states came into existence," he said.
AICC Secretary and party MLC P Sudhakar Reddy said the TRS President's comments are an attempt to provoke Telangana people for his own political benefit.
Stressing statehood issue can only be resolved in an atmosphere of harmony, he said, provocative actions would only lead to unwanted problems. Congress leaders were responding to Rao's comments made against the Congress at a protest organised here yesterday.
The pro-Telangana protests were held following the Centre's recent decision to hold further consultations to resolve the contentious issue.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress