AP govt officer found in possession of assets worth Rs 2 cr
- Rahul ordinance shortcut cut short
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
A senior officer of Andhra Pradesh government has been found in possession of disproportionate assets worth over Rs 2 crore, Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) said today.
The agency registered a disproportionate assets case against K Nagasheshanna, a Superintendent-level officer posted in the Office of Special Deputy Collector in Kurnool district after conducting searches today, ACB officials said.
Sleuths conducted simultaneous searches at different places, including his office and residence at Revenue Colony in Kurnool town, and unearthed documents related to several movable and immovable properties worth Rs 2.19 crore possessed by him and his family members, they added.
The assets included three flats in Hyderabad, 14 house plots and agricultural land in and around Kurnool besides cash and gold ornaments. The market value of Nagasheshanna's assets would be, however, over Rs 5 crore, the officials said.
In a separate case, a Police Sub-Inspector (PSI) was arrested today for allegedly taking bribe.
N Ramakrishna Goud, attached to Lalaguda Police Station in the city, was caught last night by ACB sleuths while taking a bribe of Rs 10,000 from a man for closing a criminal case filed against him, officials said.
Meanwhile, an ACB release said a Special Court in Visakhapatnam today convicted V S Ramakrishna, a Deputy Forest Range Officer (DFRO), and sentenced him to two-year rigorous imprisonment in a 2007 bribery case.
Ramakrishna was DFRO in Bobbili section of Paravathipuram division in Vizianagaram district. He was trapped when he took a bribe of Rs 4,000 to give invoice and permit for transport of teaklogs, it said.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today