AP in commanding position against Tripura in Ranji trophy
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- PMO says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Andra Pradesh put themselves in the driver's seat today after dismissing Tripura for 260 in their first innings and then posting 154 for no loss at stumps on the second day of the Ranji Trophy Group C match here.
For AP, Tekkami Atchuta Rao (3/41) and Paidikalva Vijaykumar (2/49) snapped two wickets each on the second day to shoot out the visitors for 260 after they resumed their first innings at an overnight score of 228 for six here.
The hosts then returned with a solid batting display as openers D B Prasanth and HH watekar scored unbeaten half centuries to take their team to a commanding position.
Prasanth hit nine fours and one six in his 192-ball unfinished stay at the crease, while Watekar took 193 balls for his unbeaten 57 and had four boundaries in his innings when the stumps were drawn today.
Tripura used as many as seven bowlers but they failed to make any breakthrough at the Rural Development Trust Stadium here.
Brief Score: Tripura 260 all out in 107 overs (S Abbas Ali 103; T Atchuta Rao 3/41)
Andra Pradesh: 154 for no loss in 63 overs (DB Prasanth 80 not out; T K Chanda 0/34).
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer