AP: Nursing student attempts suicide because of `harassment'
- Government issues high alert, says Islamic State expanding area of terror
- Putin vows to hunt down those who bombed Russian plane in Egypt
- Mani Shankar Aiyar to Pakistan channel: Remove Modi for talks to resume
- Chittoor Mayor shot dead while trying to save husband
- Hyderabad nursery student dies after head gets stuck in school lift
An 18-year-old girl, studying at a nursing institute in Kakinada in East Godvari district, allegedly tried to commit suicide because of harassment by senior students, police said.
The girl, who hailed from Ganti village, was studying at Karuna School of Nursing and staying at the hostel in the college premises.
Whenever her parents called on the hostel's landline, senior students did not give her message, police said.
This led to the girl attempting suicide by hanging herself from ceiling of her room on November 25. Her roommates intervened in time to save her.
Parents have lodged a police complaint but nobody has been arrested yet.
- Europe’s challenge: Find a political solution to the quagmire in West Asia
- Surrogacy isn’t morally reprehensible, surrogates should be seen as workers
- One world, one battlefield
- With five states polling soon, the great Indian election will continue without recess
- Why Stockholm punches above its weight in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since