AP: Nursing student attempts suicide because of `harassment'
- Dengue: Toll reaches 16 as two more girls die; over 2,000 tested positive
- Bihar polls: After quitting Grand Alliance, Mulayam forms Third Front
- US Federal funds rate remains unchanged, defers to global economic volatility
- Bharti gets relief from arrest as HC reserves order on anticipatory bail
- No ban on meat in Maharashtra as SC rejects plea against Bombay HC's order
An 18-year-old girl, studying at a nursing institute in Kakinada in East Godvari district, allegedly tried to commit suicide because of harassment by senior students, police said.
The girl, who hailed from Ganti village, was studying at Karuna School of Nursing and staying at the hostel in the college premises.
Whenever her parents called on the hostel's landline, senior students did not give her message, police said.
This led to the girl attempting suicide by hanging herself from ceiling of her room on November 25. Her roommates intervened in time to save her.
Parents have lodged a police complaint but nobody has been arrested yet.