AP: Nursing student attempts suicide because of `harassment'
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
An 18-year-old girl, studying at a nursing institute in Kakinada in East Godvari district, allegedly tried to commit suicide because of harassment by senior students, police said.
The girl, who hailed from Ganti village, was studying at Karuna School of Nursing and staying at the hostel in the college premises.
Whenever her parents called on the hostel's landline, senior students did not give her message, police said.
This led to the girl attempting suicide by hanging herself from ceiling of her room on November 25. Her roommates intervened in time to save her.
Parents have lodged a police complaint but nobody has been arrested yet.
Recently, three students of Godavari Institute of Engineering and Technology at Rajanagaram in Rajahmundry were arrested for ragging.