AP: Nursing student attempts suicide because of `harassment'
- Concept of marital rape cannot be applied in India: Centre
- VIDEO: Out of control unmanned Russian spacecraft plunging to Earth
- Rahul Gandhi accuses govt of not procuring farmers produce
- Coal scam: CBI files charge sheet against Naveen Jindal, 14 others
- Quake victims vent their anger during PM Koirala's visit; toll tops 6,000
An 18-year-old girl, studying at a nursing institute in Kakinada in East Godvari district, allegedly tried to commit suicide because of harassment by senior students, police said.
The girl, who hailed from Ganti village, was studying at Karuna School of Nursing and staying at the hostel in the college premises.
Whenever her parents called on the hostel's landline, senior students did not give her message, police said.
This led to the girl attempting suicide by hanging herself from ceiling of her room on November 25. Her roommates intervened in time to save her.
Parents have lodged a police complaint but nobody has been arrested yet.
Recently, three students of Godavari Institute of Engineering and Technology at Rajanagaram in Rajahmundry were arrested for ragging.