Apex court puts down norms to forbid adjournments of trials under NDPS Act
- Concept of marital rape cannot be applied in India: Centre
- VIDEO: Out of control unmanned Russian spacecraft plunging to Earth
- Rahul Gandhi accuses govt of not procuring farmers produce
- Coal scam: CBI files charge sheet against Naveen Jindal, 14 others
- Quake victims vent their anger during PM Koirala's visit; toll tops 6,000
The court's directions came on an appeal by one Thana Singh, who was charged with an offence under the NDPS Act, entailing a maximum jail term of 20 years. He has spent 12 years in jail but the trial was yet to start. His bail requests too were turned down, compelling him to move the apex court. The court has granted him bail.