Apex court puts down norms to forbid adjournments of trials under NDPS Act
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
The court's directions came on an appeal by one Thana Singh, who was charged with an offence under the NDPS Act, entailing a maximum jail term of 20 years. He has spent 12 years in jail but the trial was yet to start. His bail requests too were turned down, compelling him to move the apex court. The court has granted him bail.