Apex court upholds mandolin player Srinivasís divorce
- Pakistan court declares 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi's detention void
- Chairs broken, MLAs faint in Kerala Assembly as Finance Minister KM Mani presents budget
- ‘Love jihad’ gets a Bengal reply: Bahu lao, Beti bachao, ‘purify’ Muslim brides
- Kolkata Park Street rape victim dies
- LIVE: PM Modi arrives in Sri Lanka; assures visa on arrival for Lankan nationals
The Supreme Court has approved renowned mandolin player U Srinivas's divorce with his wife U Sree on the ground that he was treated cruelly by her. Holding that Srinivas has proved his case of mental cruelty for seeking divorce, the SC Bench, however, asked him to pay Rs 50 lakh to ensure his wife lived with dignity and comfort.
"It is established that the husband has proved his case of mental cruelty... we conclude and hold that the respondent husband has rightly been granted a decree of divorce," the Bench said.