- The Rahul Gandhi interview: 'PM candidates are unconstitutional, I won't step back if MPs ask me to be PM'
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- The Narendra Modi interview: 'Cong's problem is that it can't see a chaiwallah challenging them'
"11. I sincerely and truly believe in the judiciary as an institution and this Hon'ble Court as its acme. I humbly submit that I would never do any act which would have the slightest tendency of lowering the dignity of this Hon'ble Court. I tender my unqualified, sincere and complete regret and apology for my acts, which have led to the issuance of the Contempt Notice."
Affidavit of Printer and Publisher Mr Ramesh Chander Malhotra (who had stated that his responsibility was to ensure the timely and due printing and dispatch of adequate number of copies of The Indian Express, New Delhi edition) and also stating:
"I have gone through and I have understood the contents of the impugned news item. I was not responsible for its authorship, editing, selection or placement. Nevertheless, I reiterate that I have nothing but the highest respect for the Indian judiciary as a whole and for the Hon'ble Supreme Court in particular and I again offer my unqualified complete sincere apology and regret for any possible impression as may have been conveyed, as would have the tendency of lowering the dignity of the judiciary or ridiculing the judiciary in public or shaking the confidence of the people in the independence and integrity of the judiciary.
I humbly submit that at no stage did I ever have any intention to lower the dignity of the judiciary or ridicule the judiciary in public or shake the confidence of the people in the independence and integrity of the judiciary."
The above apology is now published for general circulation as was the offending article. The distress and anguish caused by the publication of the article on 20.09.2012 is deeply regretted.
- Maoists target teachers, ambulance
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata