Apple drops ‘patent claim’ against Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini
- LIVE: Ashutosh taken away for questioning; AAP gets EC notice over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
Apple has agreed to drop its patent claims against Samsung's Galaxy S III Mini after the South Korean mobile maker said it would not sell the gadget in the United States.
Last month, Apple asked that a series of Samsung products, including the Galaxy S III, be added to the patent infringement suit between the mobile giants.
According to court documents, the iPhone maker has agreed to withdraw the claims without prejudice, the News reports.
"Apple will agree to withdraw without prejudice its request to include the Galaxy S III Mini in this case given Samsung's representation that it is not making, using, selling, offering to sell or importing that product into the United States," the company said in its latest federal court filing.
The announcement is the latest twist in a patent battle between the two tech giants.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students