Apple drops ‘patent claim’ against Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Apple has agreed to drop its patent claims against Samsung's Galaxy S III Mini after the South Korean mobile maker said it would not sell the gadget in the United States.
Last month, Apple asked that a series of Samsung products, including the Galaxy S III, be added to the patent infringement suit between the mobile giants.
According to court documents, the iPhone maker has agreed to withdraw the claims without prejudice, the News reports.
"Apple will agree to withdraw without prejudice its request to include the Galaxy S III Mini in this case given Samsung's representation that it is not making, using, selling, offering to sell or importing that product into the United States," the company said in its latest federal court filing.
The announcement is the latest twist in a patent battle between the two tech giants.