Apple drops ‘patent claim’ against Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini
- Political parties can't be under RTI Act: Centre tells Supreme Court
- US stocks plunge in early trade; Dow Jones falls more than 1,000 points
- Black Monday: Sensex crashes 1,624 pts; Rs 7-lakh cr wiped out
- OROP row escalates, ex-serviceman on fast-unto-death shifted to hospital
- UN court to India: Suspend all trials against Italian marines
Apple has agreed to drop its patent claims against Samsung's Galaxy S III Mini after the South Korean mobile maker said it would not sell the gadget in the United States.
Last month, Apple asked that a series of Samsung products, including the Galaxy S III, be added to the patent infringement suit between the mobile giants.
According to court documents, the iPhone maker has agreed to withdraw the claims without prejudice, the News reports.
"Apple will agree to withdraw without prejudice its request to include the Galaxy S III Mini in this case given Samsung's representation that it is not making, using, selling, offering to sell or importing that product into the United States," the company said in its latest federal court filing.
The announcement is the latest twist in a patent battle between the two tech giants.