Apple drops ‘patent claim’ against Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Upar Narendra, neeche Bhupinder... new BJP slogan echoes in states of rivals
- Elections LIVE 2014: Modi says Rahul, Sonia, Vadra, Priyanka (RSVP) model looted India
Apple has agreed to drop its patent claims against Samsung's Galaxy S III Mini after the South Korean mobile maker said it would not sell the gadget in the United States.
Last month, Apple asked that a series of Samsung products, including the Galaxy S III, be added to the patent infringement suit between the mobile giants.
According to court documents, the iPhone maker has agreed to withdraw the claims without prejudice, the News reports.
"Apple will agree to withdraw without prejudice its request to include the Galaxy S III Mini in this case given Samsung's representation that it is not making, using, selling, offering to sell or importing that product into the United States," the company said in its latest federal court filing.
The announcement is the latest twist in a patent battle between the two tech giants.