Apple Inc reports $1 bn app sales in Dec, $10 billion for 2013
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Apple Inc on Tuesday said people spent more than $10 billion in its app store last year, on apps such as 'Minecraft', 'Angry Birds Star Wars'' and 'Sleep Cycle' alarm clock.
December was the most successful month in the store's history, as customers spent $1 billion that month. Apple said the year's total was also a record.
There are more than a million apps available in the app store for the iPhone, the iPad and the iPod Touch. Besides games, there are newspapers, magazines, travel, business and health and Apple launched the app store in 2008, a year after the iPhone with 500 apps.