Apple Inc reports $1 bn app sales in Dec, $10 billion for 2013
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports
Apple Inc on Tuesday said people spent more than $10 billion in its app store last year, on apps such as 'Minecraft', 'Angry Birds Star Wars'' and 'Sleep Cycle' alarm clock.
December was the most successful month in the store's history, as customers spent $1 billion that month. Apple said the year's total was also a record.
There are more than a million apps available in the app store for the iPhone, the iPad and the iPod Touch. Besides games, there are newspapers, magazines, travel, business and health and Apple launched the app store in 2008, a year after the iPhone with 500 apps.