Apple Inc reports $1 bn app sales in Dec, $10 billion for 2013
- Finally, the axe falls: AAP expels Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav and 2 others for ‘anti-party’ activities
- SC refuses to dismiss National Green Tribunal's ban on 15-year-old vehicles in Delhi
- In House, land line gives Congress a Rahul recharge
- The Failing Fields: Wheat crop damaged, only seeds of discord at Punjab’s mega mandi
- Two ‘Pak’ boats with heroin seized near Gujarat, 8 held
Apple Inc on Tuesday said people spent more than $10 billion in its app store last year, on apps such as 'Minecraft', 'Angry Birds Star Wars'' and 'Sleep Cycle' alarm clock.
December was the most successful month in the store's history, as customers spent $1 billion that month. Apple said the year's total was also a record.
There are more than a million apps available in the app store for the iPhone, the iPad and the iPod Touch. Besides games, there are newspapers, magazines, travel, business and health and Apple launched the app store in 2008, a year after the iPhone with 500 apps.