If Apple Inc iPhone 5S is unimpressive, launching soon is 'big' iPhone 6
- Hate speeches: Modi breaks his silence, says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Sharad Pawar attacks Narendra Modi over 'power concentration' in one man
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- Centre calls off trip over China no to Arunachal youth
- How is it our responsibility to stop Modi, ask Faizabadâs Muslims
So, you were not impressed by iPhone 5S. Well, Apple Inc did not sit back to soak in the criticism, nor the adulation, and is all set to wow with its nextgen smartphone, the iPhone 6. iPhone lovers who always wished to have a much bigger screen might have their dreams come alive when Apple Inc launches its much-awaited iPhone 6 as forecast by Jefferies analyst Peter Misek. Of course, as with all things Apple Inc, you will need to pay the price.
Soon after the brief meet with the Apple Inc's Asian suppliers, Misek issued a note to investors on Monday saying the iPhone 6 would offer a 4.8-inch screen. This is obviously great news as currently iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C come with only 4 inch display screen.
Though the analyst did not disclose the reason behind his prediction, he mentioned in his note that iPhone 6's new screen size would carry a huge number of upgrades.
"We think the 85 mn iPhones eligible for an upgrade when the iPhone 6 launches (we think Apple is targeting Sep 2014) could be boosted by another 5-10 mn from people who skipped the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C cycle," Misek wrote.
On the downside, iPhone 5C sales have been weak, according to Misek. As such, manufacturing builds are being slashed to 15 million to 20 million from 30 million, he said.
On the plus size, that could lead to an even larger number of upgraders who gravitate toward the iPhone 6.
In the past, Apple Inc has lost significant market share to the Android phones having larger display size.
Last year, Apple raised the display size of iPhone 5 to 4 inches from the prior 3.5 inches, so time is right for another big move.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready