If Apple Inc iPhone 5S is unimpressive, launching soon is 'big' iPhone 6
- Arvind Kejriwal lands in Mumbai; takes auto to board local train
- Sahara group moves Supreme Court, seeks immediate release of Subrata Roy
- President not for executing Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, MHA disagrees
- Chhattisgarh: Maoists kill 15 security personnel in biggest attack in 3 years
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
So, you were not impressed by iPhone 5S. Well, Apple Inc did not sit back to soak in the criticism, nor the adulation, and is all set to wow with its nextgen smartphone, the iPhone 6. iPhone lovers who always wished to have a much bigger screen might have their dreams come alive when Apple Inc launches its much-awaited iPhone 6 as forecast by Jefferies analyst Peter Misek. Of course, as with all things Apple Inc, you will need to pay the price.
Soon after the brief meet with the Apple Inc's Asian suppliers, Misek issued a note to investors on Monday saying the iPhone 6 would offer a 4.8-inch screen. This is obviously great news as currently iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C come with only 4 inch display screen.
Though the analyst did not disclose the reason behind his prediction, he mentioned in his note that iPhone 6's new screen size would carry a huge number of upgrades.
"We think the 85 mn iPhones eligible for an upgrade when the iPhone 6 launches (we think Apple is targeting Sep 2014) could be boosted by another 5-10 mn from people who skipped the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C cycle," Misek wrote.
On the downside, iPhone 5C sales have been weak, according to Misek. As such, manufacturing builds are being slashed to 15 million to 20 million from 30 million, he said.
On the plus size, that could lead to an even larger number of upgraders who gravitate toward the iPhone 6.
In the past, Apple Inc has lost significant market share to the Android phones having larger display size.
Last year, Apple raised the display size of iPhone 5 to 4 inches from the prior 3.5 inches, so time is right for another big move.
- Rs 1.28 lakh looted at gunpoint
- Venkaiah Naidu sure of BJP crossing ‘magic figure’ in south India
- AAP candidates truly ‘aam aadmi’: Prithvi Reddy
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Arvind Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- AAP sounds Gul Panag about Lok Sabha poll, father says decision soon
- The real high and low: Drunk cop creates ruckus in court, held