Apple iPad dominates tablet web activity despite increasing Nexus, Kindle sales
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Tablet web activity is still dominated by Apple's iPad, despite increase in sales of Google''s Nexus and Amazon's Kindle, a report has said.
According to analytics company Chitika, among North American users, for every 100 web page views on an Apple iPad, Amazon's Kindle Fire had 4.88, while Google's Nexus range had 1.22 page views.
Samsung's Galaxy tablets achieved 3.04 page views per hundred on the iPad, the company said.
Reportedly, the firm analysed web activity in the US and Canada between December 8th and December 14th this year.
At Apple's event in September to launch the iPhone 5, Tim Cook referred to figures saying that the iPad was responsible for 91 per cent of all web traffic coming from tablet computers, the report said.
Noting that rivals claimed 32 per cent of the tablet market, Cook said they 'don't know what these other tablets are doing'
"They must be in warehouses or on store shelves or maybe in someone''s drawer," he added.
Has Ratan Tata empowered Tata Group? Is Cyrus Mistry the answer? Take new survey
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express