Apple may have planted iWatch leaks 'out of desperation', says report
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
Tech giant Apple may have planted iWatch leaks in to show the world it is still innovating, a report has claimed.
According to Forbes contributor Nigam Arora, one theory is that Apple wanted to let the world know it is developing a smartwatch since rumors of a similar offering being developed by Samsung emerged last month.
Arora also suggested that Apple might have planted the stories "out of desperation" to show that it is not a two-trick pony with the iPhone and iPad, and it's still innovating, Fox News reports.
He wrote that Apple boss Tim Cook has been talking about innovation, but not many seem to believe him.'
At Goldman's conference, Cook said that innovation culture at Apple has never been stronger. Perhaps Apple leaked details of iWatch to put some meat on the statement by Cook, he added.
- Khushpreet murder: Court holds 3 accused guilty
- Youth shot at, bullet still lodged in body
- Anti-incumbency strong, Akali SOS to BJP: send Modi
- Ahmedabad ‘dressmaker’ has designs on Modi’s style
- RSS launches statewide campaign for 100% turnout, no mention of Modi
- Movie on Modi released statewide, Cong cries foul